2½ cups milk, 3 tsp Weikfield Custard Powder (Vanilla Flavour), ¼ cup sugar, ½ tsp vanilla essence, 5 g China Grass (finely chopped), 2 tbsp sugar (to caramelise)
HOW TO COOK
- Soak 3-4 shoots of China grass in cold water for an hour.
- Then boil the China grass in a pan for 10-15 minutes on low heat. Keep it aside.
- To caramelise, take sugar and 1 tbsp water in a pudding mould and heat till the sugar melts and turns brownish.
- Remove the caramelised sugar from the heat and let it cool.
- Mix the Weikfield Vanilla Flavour Custard Powder in half cup of milk.
- Now add the remaining milk and sugar in the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the custard mixture to it and cook till the mixture thickens.
- Now mix in the molten China grass and cook for two more minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add the vanilla essence and caramelised sugar and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 5-7 minutes. Serve chilled.