½ cup Weikfield Vanilla Custard Powder,1 ½ cup sugar,Pinch of saffron,2 cups water,2 tbsp ghee,Pistachios for garnish
HOW TO COOK
- Take the Weikfield Vanilla Custard Powder and sugar in a pan, then add 2 cups of water.
- Whisk it well to avoid lumps. Mix it well, till the sugar completely dissolves, (we are doing all this off the stove).
- Grease a tin / plate with ghee and keep it ready.
- Heat the pan and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring on a low flame.
- Stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add a tbsp of ghee at this stage.
- Keep on stirring until you see the halwa texture.
- Once it is thick and comes together as a whole mass and starts to leave the sides of the pan, add remaining ghee, cashews , mix well and switch off.
- Now transfer the mixture to a ghee greased plate. Let it set at least for an hour and then cut into squares and enjoy.
- Garnish each square with cashews.